28cm SK C/34

Welcome to the international section of the Kystfort.com forum.
In this section, Non-Norwegian speakers can post information or ask questions regarding German fortifications and defences in Norway during WW2.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

Jack B

Hello
Does anyone have pictures of the (Zwischenplattform) which is located bellow the (Maschinenplattform) machinery platform in the 28cm SK C/34 turret at MKB Örlandet. The platform and equipment located there should be similar to the drawing enclosed for the 28cm SK C/28.

I would be great full for any information about this level of the turret.

Jack Brower
Attachments
German Guns page 059.pdf
(65.45 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
JornN

Is this the level you're thinking of?
Attachments
00_1845.jpg
00_1845.jpg (443.79 KiB) Viewed 207 times
JornN
Jack B

That is the very bottom level were the shells are loaded on to hoists. The level or platform I am looking for pictures of is only accessible by ladder and it should be small in height and should contain a air compressor, 2 hydraulic filters and some other equipment
JornN

This must be the level then.
It's the least maintained area of the tower it seems.
And this is the only picture I've got from that part of the tower.
Attachments
00_1879.jpg
00_1879.jpg (563.61 KiB) Viewed 175 times
JornN
Jack B

That is the level. Wow thanks for that picture. I can make out the underside of the electric generator, but will have to study the picture further. I would love more pictures of this level, but I understand it is not a pleasant place to be due to the height of the level.
JornN

The most interresting parts of the picture in grater size
Attachments
00_1879_part1.JPG
00_1879_part1.JPG (314.15 KiB) Viewed 164 times
00_1879_part2.JPG
00_1879_part2.JPG (104.68 KiB) Viewed 164 times
00_1879_part3.JPG
00_1879_part3.JPG (289.79 KiB) Viewed 164 times
JornN
Jack B

That is the level. The picture is taken from the access ladder on the #2&3 hoist right of the centerline. It shows the left side of the turret if you faced towards the guns. The large circular object in the top center of the picture is the underside of the petro driving electric generator. The circular object in the upper right is the underside of the left side or #1 hoist drum. You can make out the #1 hoist (left one) just behind the panels. Behind the #1 hoist is a compressed air tank.

I would love to see a picture of what is in the front or 90 deg rotation from this picture.

Would you also have any pictures of the machinery level (one up from this one) but in the rear or the turret? There is 2 hydraulic pumps on the floor and a electrical panel mounted on the back wall. There is also 2 pieces of equipment hanging from to top of that level which I believe are filters, but I cannot be sure unless I see a picture.

Thanks so much for this.

Jack
J E F

Jack B wrote:That is the level. The picture is taken from the access ladder on the #2&3 hoist right of the centerline. It shows the left side of the turret if you faced towards the guns. The large circular object in the top center of the picture is the underside of the petro driving electric generator. The circular object in the upper right is the underside of the left side or #1 hoist drum. You can make out the #1 hoist (left one) just behind the panels. Behind the #1 hoist is a compressed air tank.

I would love to see a picture of what is in the front or 90 deg rotation from this picture.

Would you also have any pictures of the machinery level (one up from this one) but in the rear or the turret? There is 2 hydraulic pumps on the floor and a electrical panel mounted on the back wall. There is also 2 pieces of equipment hanging from to top of that level which I believe are filters, but I cannot be sure unless I see a picture.

Thanks so much for this.

Jack
The Zwischenplatform contains two airbottles and the piping for the hydraulic shock absorber system. The two shock absorvers are located on the Maschinenplattform. Furthermore the lover part of the right, middle and left ammunition winch kan bee seen at this level. There is no compressor in the land mounted turrets. A larger capasity compressor is located in one of the staircase side rooms. This compressor delivers air to the recuperators mounted in the gun cradles as well as to the hydraulic shock absorber systems. The lower part of the DC/DC converter can also bee seen at this level. Beside these function one can find a 220V transformator and some communication and electrical coupling boxes. The platform contains the following ammunition related shafts: the right/centre shaft, the left shaft, the auxilliary shaft and the two reserve powder shafts. These still have some original writing on them, and this must be preserved. A future restauration of this level must be handled in a proper manner as to preserve this.
BTW: The barrels and elevators in the turret are not specified by numbers (1-3) but by location right, middle (center) and left.
JEF