Forsyningsfacilitet for ubåde & torpedobåde? (Esbjerg, DK)

Kategorien "Krigsmarine" er en fremstilling av de oppgaver den Tyske marine hadde i Norge. Her vil man etterhvert få en oversikt over de større og mindre krigsskip med baser i Norge.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

ms.jensen

Hej

Jeg har opslået nedenstående på Axis History Forum men uden det store held. Så nu vil jeg forsøge mig med lidt norsk lokalkendskab :-)

>>>>
"A year ago we had a little excavation by the harbour in my hometown Esbjerg, Denmark. We excavated some sad remains of a bunker from WWII. It was buried under a large factory which was build over the bunker. The factory was a dairy plant build in the nineteen fifties. It incorporated three structures (no. 1,5 and 6 on the plan) on the excavation site which was also build by the Germans. When the factory was almost gone we had the chance to have a look at the bunker but not much was left.
We have reason to believe that the site had something to do with submarines. Some sort of supply site for submarines and torpedo boats. Below is a description of the structures and some 3D renderings of how we think/know the different buildings would/did look like.

1. This building was during the war a distillation plant. It had large boilers where one was from a British merchant ship. It also held workshops and offices. From here a tunnel whit pipes ran to building no. 6 and further on out towards the dockside. The building was partly a two storied brick construction.

2. This was a large watertank. It was about nine meters in diameter but not much more is known about it. Perhaps it was for the distilled water or for a none distilled water supply in case of water shortage.

3. Small underground concrete construction. Perhaps a fallout shelter.

4. This is the bunker we excavated. The function and insides are unknown. But if this place had something to do with submarines and torpedo boats it could have been a safe storage of warheads for torpedoes. The bunker had 2m thick walls and was build above ground. It had two entrances on opposite sides and we believe it had been camouflaged as a warehouse.

5. This was also a brick building. It seems to have been a warehouse. It was two large rooms and a corner office. Outside it had two loading docks. One in connection with a road and one in connection with the railroad.

6. This was a small underground cellar which held some pumping devices. It was in connection with the pipelines running in the tunnel running from building no. 1 to the docks.
Situationsplan af området
Situationsplan af området
Top view.jpeg (230.24 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Hele området i 3D
Hele området i 3D
View 01.jpeg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Bygning 1,2 og 3
Bygning 1,2 og 3
View 02.jpeg (58.3 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Bygning 4, 5 og 6
Bygning 4, 5 og 6
View 03.jpeg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 140 times

What we want to know is if anyone knows something about similar constructions around the former German empire?
Has anyone any knowledge about supply points for submarines and torpedo boats?
Are we completely of here ;-)?
>>>>

Håber der er nogen der har fundet et anlæg der kunne minde om hvad I ser her.

Tak
Morten :-)

Return to “Kriegsmarine i Norge”