visit norway

Welcome to the international section of the Kystfort.com forum.
In this section, Non-Norwegian speakers can post information or ask questions regarding German fortifications and defences in Norway during WW2.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

tvdakker

Hello
I have not much info about sites in Norway.
But instead of going next year again to France , maybe is norway worth to visit.
Question: I think about the region Kristiansand - Stavanger.
1. Is the book "Der Atlantikwall in Norwegen" by Ettrup good enough for visiting Stavanger
2. Are most bunkers "open" or is it custom that they are bricked up ?
Erik E
Site Admin

Hallo

Maybe I`m not the right person to answer nr.1, but I think there should be enough inside the book to keep you busy in the Stavanger area for at least a week!
As for your next question, Between Kristiansand - Stavanger, I would say in general that most bunkers are open. Some are of course bricked up, on private hands or with the military, but you could still spend 2 more weeks in that area without reaching over everything :wink:

Rgds
Erik E
xayafid

As for the bunkers along the Atlantic Wall, some may be open to the public, while others could be bricked up or in private hands. The accessibility of bunkers can vary widely, and it's best to research specific sites and their current status before your visit. Local tourism websites, historical preservation organizations, or visitor centers in the region may have information on which bunkers are accessible to tourists. Keep in mind that some bunkers may also require guided tours for access, so it's a good idea to plan your visit in advance and check for any visitor restrictions or requirements.

Return to “International section of the kystfort.com forum”