Breiviknes Fort

Etter krigens slutt i 1945 ble det anlagt flere nye kystfort med moderne skyts som et svar på det våpenteknologiske kappløpet under den kalde krigen. Denne kategorien er også for andre militærbaser og våpensystemer brukt i den samme perioden.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

CluckSalad

Attached is a layout well a layout to the best of ability of Breiviknes Fort, google earth and the forts equipment was basically all I had to go on. I was wondering if anyone knew how to make this fort more accurate? Definitely would love some feedback! If any member is interested I have done nearly 15 coastal forts in Norway c1979. My perferred way of contact is discord, CluckSalad#7206. Other method is email, clucksalad@gmail.com. Anyway if anyone has served at any of the Coastal forts or has any information on them or how they operated or basically any information I definately would love to know!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PC0DEu ... sp=sharing

Thanks,
CluckSalad.
Ole

Breiviknes Fort dates back to the beginning of the 1950s. When I was first called up as a reservist during a military exercise in 1979, the fort had been recently upgraded with Bofors 75 mm guns, new underground installations with ops room. signal office and officers' quarters. Breiviknes was never operational on a permanent basis, but used during exercises. It was also regularly used by Grøtsund Fort for firing practice. Continuous expansion of the fort from late 1970s to beginning og the 1990s required a permanent staff of 10-20 people. A vast system of underground tunnels for close defense purposes was built in the late 1980s.

Missing on your screenshot is a search light to the east of the fort, positioned close to the shoreline. My last call up was in 1988 so further details are hard to remember.
Natter

Google Maps are pretty useless for this purpose. You should use 1881 kart instead (especially the historic aerial photos are useful), or FINN kart.

Here are some objects marked at Breiviknes. I'm not 100% sure of all of them, hence some ?'s (click on the red markers to see the text):

https://kart.finn.no/?lng=19.68656&lat= ... for+EO+%3F
Informasjon som ikke deles, går tapt!
CluckSalad

Thanks definitely will have to start using those instead, lot higher detail. Thank you!

Return to “Norske kystfort og andre militære anlegg bygd i perioden 1945 - 2007”