Stützpunkten in Norway

Welcome to the international section of the Kystfort.com forum.
In this section, Non-Norwegian speakers can post information or ask questions regarding German fortifications and defences in Norway during WW2.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

cyber2001

Hi, is there a list or map with German support points (Stützpunkten) in Norway ?

I have searched but i couldnt find much.
Any help would be appreciated !

Greets, Jack
Yngve

Hi Jack, by stützpunkten do you mean all kinds of fortifications made by the germans in norway? Quite a lot of them,have a look at the link to another thread here on the forum,a map recently made over all the sites of the southern part of norway,I believe they are making the northern northern part too..

http://www.kystfort.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5505

Hope this helps:)
cyber2001

I have seen this before, thank you !
But the poster seems to be only in norwegian language ? not sure.
On the other hand, google translate will help me out with that one.
I wonder if i order it, i am from the Netherlands.

With Stützpunkten i ment other positions then battery's. I stumbled across a webpage where MKB's, HKB's and Stützpunkten where named (thomaslillevoll.net) So i presumed they where lying between the batterys for support ?

Greets, Jack
Natter

Here's a list of a few non-battery sites...

Note:
Stp = Stützpunkt
StpGrp = Stützpunkt-Gruppe
Wn = Widerstandsnest

This is just a "raw" collection of misc. data from a lot of different sources, and I won't guarantee neither positions nor the correct name or type of installation (certainly a few dublets there as well).

Most positions are set around the middle of the stp/wn-area, but there are also locations of a specific object (bunker/gun-position etc) within the stp/wn.

Unfortunately I forgot to copy a column with additional geographical location, so the list is pretty messed up in terms of (for example) distinguishing a stp in Bodø from one in Lista, but I reckon you got a start here at least... I recommend that you paste the text into an excel-document for more easy editing.
Attachments
Stp-Wn.txt
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Return to “International section of the kystfort.com forum”