Cold War Tank turret fortification?

Welcome to the international section of the Kystfort.com forum.
In this section, Non-Norwegian speakers can post information or ask questions regarding German fortifications and defences in Norway during WW2.

Moderators: Stutzpunkt, KOS

Saska

Hei all

About three years ago, during my first visit in Alta I found a emplacement close to the sea, what I think - might or could be, a shelter room for mounting a tank turret on top of it. Because of the modern construction, especially of the ventilation pipe I also think this whole object belongs into the cold war period.

Well, as said I think or guess so. The problem about the whole thing is, when I visited the emplacement again last year, it was gone! Completly taken away and just a hill of lose concret gravel and nothing left to get any further details....

In the book "Tank turret fortifications" from Neil Short it is mentioned, that Norway had during the cold war time (or maybe still has?) several fixed or semi prepared turret fortifications of/or for M24 Chaffee, M8 Greyhound and M20 armoured cars.

So could it be some of of those? Who can help, kows more about it or has seen something like this before?

Thanks for every answer :-)

Saska
Attachments
YEAR 2007 581 (Small).jpg
YEAR 2007 581 (Small).jpg (77.31 KiB) Viewed 253 times
YEAR 2007 582 (Small).jpg
YEAR 2007 582 (Small).jpg (66.59 KiB) Viewed 253 times
YEAR 2007 583 (Small).jpg
YEAR 2007 583 (Small).jpg (62.73 KiB) Viewed 253 times
TODAY 418 (Small).JPG
TODAY 418 (Small).JPG (44.78 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Return to “International section of the kystfort.com forum”